A bit of everything. Many sides of my life reflecting a lot of personalities

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

South Ossetia and Abkhazia

Help me on this.
Possibly I have misunderstood this problem. :-D
So what is the problem of these 2 countries.
If they want to be independent. Let them be independent.
They have had referendum. Even with 95% involvement, and with 99% result. Why can't other countries accept this. Why western countries denied this?
I was thinking with East Timor Referendum, and its independence declaration, etc. All western countries supporting East Timor, but why can't they supporting these two countries now?
Is it because Georgia is joining Nato? That's why all western countries stand behind Georgia? Why many newspapers only said a bad thing about these independency declaration they had? Is this fair?

Highly possibly I don't see all with objective eyes. So please advise me on this.

No comments: